The project "Together - engage and connect!" is meant for people with a migratory background between the ages of 16 and 26 who would like to engage in voluntary activities.
In preparation for and during the activity, they are accompanied by trained buddies who ideally already have experience with voluntary work. Together, buddies and interested volunteers form so-called engagement teams.
Organizations receiving voluntary help are sensitized and trained by participating in training courses on the subject of “volunteering and diversity”.
Do you want to JOIN us?
For people with a migration background
All of these terms refer to an activity that:
- you do voluntarily
- you do in your free time for which you get no money
- allows you to stand up for other people or the environment in an organization
- you either do for a period of time or regularly.
For example, you can help older people with their shopping, taking care of the kids, help out at social places or get involved in environmental protection or animals. An example for voluntary activity can be found here:
As a volunteer, you work for free (without being paid) in a club or organization. You contribute based on your strengths and skills. That means you work "ehrenamtlich".
Do whatever suits you best.
You will be supported and accompanied by a buddy. Together with her or him you form an engagement team.
Volunteering is possible with all residence permits and language levels
If you work as a volunteer you can:
- get to know people
- participate in projects
- practice German
- establish international contacts
- do something meanigful and important
- lern something new
- gain experience
- get a certificate which is good for applications
- receive the "EhrenamtsPass" which allows you more favourable conditions for museums, theaters or other leisure activities.
You may need a buddy...
- if you don't even know if you want to get involved yet
- if you are looking for a voluntary commitment and do not yet know how to proceed
- if you are worried that your language skills are not sufficient for communication
- if you would like to be accompanied by someone to your first meeting with the club or organization of your choice
- if you would like to meet new people and network with them
- if you want to practice German
- if you want to have fun while doing something meaningful and important
In the project "Together - engage and connect!" you get information about voluntary activities.
You can get advice in our office, by phone or via video.
Once we know your interests, we will look for a buddy for you. The buddy accompanies you to your first meeting in the organization or association and is available to answer any questions you may have.
In addition to the consultation, you can also search for volunteer opportunities yourself in our "Engagement-Datenbank".
A consultation at the volunteer agency with translation is possible. Please make an appointment.
For interested engagement-buddies
As a buddy, you accompany people after flight or migration on a voluntary basis in their search for voluntary work and provide them with advice and support during their voluntary work. Treating people with respect and on an equal basis is important. Together you form an engagement team.
- support in the selection and orientation for a voluntary work
- act as contact persons and listeners
- help to identify strengths and interests of interested volunteers
- are counselors who are trained based on their own experience in volunteering and the training program
- are also available during the time of engagement
- try to identify and clarify potential obstacles to prevent frustration which could have someone want to end the voluntary activity prematurely
- You should enjoy networking and providing support
- You will be prepared for your tasks as a buddy through training.
The people with a migration background are between 16 and 26 years old.
Their origins can be very different. It does not matter whether the people have only recently come to Germany or have been living in Leipzig for a long time.
A meeting between the buddy and their engagement partner takes place after the buddy training by mutual agreement.
Buddies receive preparation and support from us through:
- workshop/training on volunteering and diversity (completed with a certificate)
- regular supervision
- a network of experts and advice
- organizational and educational support
The dates for 2023 are being planned.
Nevertheless if you are interested to become a buddy we can arrange an indiviudal meeting.There you will receive all information about your voluntary work as a buddy.
Please contact email@example.com.
Together with your support, we would like to place more young people between the ages of 16 and 26 with a migration background in voluntary work.
Accompanied by trained buddies, the interested new volunteers form an engagement team. This way we want to promote social exchange and establish direct contact with other motivated people. During voluntary work, this can happen informally and through joint activities.
Besides you can gain young people for your organisation.
The training will help you to examine your own club structure for possible obstacles and the potential for an intercultural/transcultural opening.
Insecurities can be reduced.
Furthermore the knowledge helps you to keep cool in potentially difficult situations.
The training is free.
The workshops für 2023 are being planned.